Well last year was pretty good all round, and finished up with my blogging friend and colleague Michael from It Rains…You Get Wet bestowing two awards on me. Not only does Michael run a terrific site, but his support for my own efforts over the years has been immense – for that I thank him unreservedly.
Well, let’s get on with the awards and the attached rules:
The rules for accepting are as follows:
- Display the award certificate on your website.
- Announce your win with a post and include a link to whoever presented your award.
- Present 15 awards to deserving bloggers.
- Create a post linking to them and drop them a comment to tip them off.
- Post 7 interesting facts about yourself.
Blog of the Year 2012
The ‘rules’ for this award are simple:
- Select the blog(s) you think deserve the ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award
- Write a blog post and tell us about the blog(s) you have chosen – there’s no minimum or maximum number of blogs required – and ‘present’ them with their award.
- Please include a link back to this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award – http://thethoughtpalette.co.uk/our-awards/blog-of-the-year-2012-award/ and include these ‘rules’ in your post (please don’t alter the rules or the badges!)
- Let the blog(s) you have chosen know that you have given them this award and share the ‘rules’ with them
- You can now also join our Facebook group – click ‘like’ on this page ‘Blog of the Year 2012’ Award Facebook group and then you can share your blog with an even wider audience
- As a winner of the award – please add a link back to the blog that presented you with the award – and then proudly display the award on your blog and sidebar … and start collecting stars…
This is an excellent chance for me to pass on my thanks to all my readers and to link to and pass on these awards to some most deserving people.
Seven interesting facts about me? The interesting bit is the difficulty here. Let’s see then:
1 I’m able to hold a conversation in four languages (obviously not simultaneously) – English, Irish, Greek & French.
2 My grandfather taught me to ride a pony when I was just four years old.
3 To date, I’ve owned four dogs.
4 The number four seems to have some significance for me!
5 I love rainbows yet dislike rain – go figure.
6 I didn’t learn how to swim until I was 28 years old but moving to Greece and being surrounded by the Mediterranean and Aegean seas took care of that.
7 I’m left-handed. I know, but I’m running out of stuff here!
So that’s that. I hope all those worthy bloggers I’ve nominated get some little cheer from this and that it sets 2013 off to a good start for them.